Why ultrasounds from LLE?
- Our ultrasound units are first quality for vet use.
- There are many units in use around the world.
- Dr Purdy has field tested all units at the U Mass Camelid Studies Program.
Easy to use
- Our ultrasounds are lightweight (21 – 46 ounces), can operate on either AC or battery for total portability.
- Carrying case with neck straps means hands free use.
- Simple functions and complete instructions allow for ease of learning to use the ultrasounds.
- Free education and support are included with the purchase of all ultrasounds.
- High quality ultrasounds & probes provide accurate information on pregnancies.
- Many breeders don’t have access to regular or qualified vet care.
- Breeders can now do their own ultrasounds.
- Ultrasound use can provide early detection of pregnancies and save valuable time by having definite confirmation of pregnancies.
- Don’t guess whether the female is pregnant and loose another month wondering.
- Aside from the appearance of “nose and toes” at the end of gestation, many say the use of ultrasound is the only way to truly confirm pregnancy.
Why use ultrasound verses other means of pregnancy testing?
- We import the ultrasounds directly from the manufacturer.
- We are able to pass along the savings to our customers.
- Per Dr Norm Evans, progesterone testing (and therefore behavior testing) is only 80% accurate. A retained CL (corpus luteum) will maintain an elevated progesterone level that will fool a male or a blood test. An ultrasound will detect a non-pregnancy from a retained CL and in many cases the retained CL itself. Ultrasound can also catch twins and issues in the repro tract that would affect pregnancies.